Friday, March 2, 2012

Why I'm Keeping Kakky

This beautiful little girl is my niece, Alex. 
She is the reason that I'm keeping Kakky. 
7 years ago today, this sweet girl came into my life, 
and my life just hasn't been the same since. 

When Alex was born I didn't want to be called "Aunt Kirstin" or just "Kirstin", so I chose the name Kakky. I chose this because my initials are KAK, and I thought it was something unusual and special for her to call me. I wanted to be more than just an aunt to her, 
I wanted to be someone she could rely on, trust, and look up to. 
That kind of special person in a girl's life requires a special name! ; )

On 11.11.11 I married the love of my life, and now my last name has changed. My initials are no longer KAK. Having a new last name sometimes makes me feel a little bit like a new and different person, but to Alex, I will always be her Kakky. 

Even though I have a new last name, I'm keeping Kakky! I love you Alex, and I hope that one day you will appreciate reading my blogs.





No comments:

Post a Comment